If you have an internet connection, we can help
Sometimes, you need help with a technical problem while you’re out of town. Using our live remote support tool, we can view your desktop, control your mouse and keyboard to diagnose and fix the problem.
How Remote Support Works:
- You pre-schedule an appointment with us.
- Our support team will direct you to the support website, and give you a code to start the session.
- With your permission, the support tech can view your screen, and share control of your mouse and keyboard.
- You have full control of your computer and can end the session at any time.
- The work is performed.
- The session is terminated and we no longer have access to your machine.
- If you have a new issue, you will need to repeat the same process.
Read some of our Testimonials.
Q1: How does remote support service work?
A1: Once you connect to the service, you are prompted to download a small plug-in that allows us to view your desktop and share control of your mouse and keyboard. You can take control by moving your mouse. You are in charge at all times.
Q2: Can we look through files without my knowledge?
A2: No. Your support rep only sees what you see on your computer screen. Before the session begins, you should close any documents with private information.
Q3: How is security maintained?
A3: You and the support representative are connected through a communication server. The screen data is encrypted and can only be viewed with GoToAssist software. After the session, your support rep can no longer see your screen or access your computer.
Q4: What are the minimum requirements for my computer and Internet connection?
A4: You need:
- PC: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, or Windows Server 2003, 2008 or 2012
- Mac OS® X v10.5 or later
- Stable Internet connection (at least 64kbit/s) with a cable modem, ISDN, DSL or better
- Modern Web browser: The current version of Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari or Internet Explorer 8 or above
- Ability to make direct outgoing TCP connections or availability of an HTTP proxy or a SOCKS server — We will explain this if there is an issue.
Q5: Is the plug-in virus free?
A5: Yes, the plug-in is safe. We’re very concerned with Internet safety and perform regular virus checks and updates. If you see a warning message on your screen, that is a default message from your browser for all executable files.
Q6: What is the size of the file that I will download?
A6: The file size is about 2.5 MB.
Q7: Are there any files left on my computer after the session?
A7: The plug-in stays on your computer but does not work without a new encryption key. If you need remote service again then you will receive a new encryption key. Screen-sharing must be initiated by you, not a support rep.