Many of our customers would argue that tech support is an essential service. With that in mind, we have outlined the official Geek For Hire, Inc. Covid19 policy. We want to make sure that people who need computer repair can receive it, safely.
Our Covid19 policy is simple. For the foreseeable future, Geek For Hire will provide service remotely, as much as is possible. If your equipment still has an internet connection, it is very likely that we can continue to do tune-ups, virus, malware, and spyware removal, configuring new software, etc. via a remote session.
Here are some of the services we can provide remotely:
- Mac or PC tune-up
- Virus Removal (Unless your machine is infected to the point where you can’t access the internet.)
- Software configuration
- Advocate with your ISP (Internet Service Provider). We’ll get on a three-way call with you and your ISP to make sure you’re getting the speed you’re paying for.
- Install and configure video conferencing – Zoom, Skype, Houseparty, etc.
- Install and configure parental controls on your kids’ equipment. Now that your kids are home all day, you don’t have time to oversee what they’re doing online.
- Walk you through the purchase and set-up of a new mesh router to make sure WiFi reaches every corner of your house – wherever you’re hiding from your kids and spouse.
If you’re wondering how our Remote Support Service works, click here.
Technology and Covid19 Policy:
When remote service is not an option, we will continue to make house and office calls with the following caveats:
- We’ll only provide onsite service to one or two customers per day. If you are immunocompromised, let us know. We’ll make sure you are the first or only appointment of the day.
- If you have any symptoms (cough, fever, etc.) or if you think you’ve been exposed to Covid19, you’ll cancel your appointment. (We’ll do the same.)
- You’ll wipe down your workspace (including keyboard and mouse) with a disinfectant before Chris arrives and make wipes available to Chris so that he can “clean as he goes”.
- Please select only one person in your household or office to interact with Chris.
- Chris will wear a disposable mask while he is in your home or office.
- He’ll remove his shoes when he arrives.
- and Chris will wear disposable gloves.
- If there are other precautions you’d like us to take for you, just let us know.
Please give us a call or send an email if you have any questions at all about our new policy.