In the past few weeks, I have seen numerous friends posting about all of the “weird” Facebook followers they have. They’ve been a little freaked out about the strange people who see all of their posts. I keep getting asked questions like:
- “Why are these people interested in me?”
- “Are they trying to steal my identity?”
- “How do I stop this?”
First things first:
Change how you are sharing. If you make all of your posts for “Friends Only”, and not “Public”, no one else can see what you’re posting. Even people who are following you can not see your posts if you don’t set your posts to “public”.
It’s a hoax. The instructions tell you to type “Following Me” into the search box. What comes up is a whole list of names of people you’ve never heard of. Facebook presents you with this list because they have names similar to “Following me”. Just like if you were to search for “John Smith”, you’d get people with names similar to “John Smith”.
How to Find Your Facebook Followers:
If you really want to see who is following you without being friends with you, follow these steps on the Facebook app:
- Click on your name/ go to your own page.
- Just below your photo and name is a little line that says “Followed by xxx people”.
- Click on that link and scroll through the list. Most of these will probably be people who have sent you a friend request, but you’ve never responded. Are there people you don’t know with no friends in common with you? Feel free to block any of them that you don’t want seeing your public posts.
From the Facebook webpage, follow these steps:
- Click on your name.
- CLick on “Friends”.
- When the list of your friends pops up, click on the down arrow next to “Other” at the top of the list. Then click on “Followers” to see the whole list.
- Scroll through the list. Most of these will probably be people who have sent you a friend request, but you’ve never responded. Are there people you don’t know with no friends in common with you? Feel free to block any of them that you don’t want seeing your public posts.
Were you able to find your Facebook Followers? Let us know if you still need help!
Chris Eddy of Geek For Hire, Inc. has been providing computer service to families and small businesses with Mac’s and PC’s for the past fifteen years. His company is highly rated by both the BBB (Better Business Bureau) and by Angie’s List. You can find more on our website, or give us a call 303-618-0154. Geek For Hire, Inc. provides onsite service (Tier 3) to the Denver / Boulder / Front Range area as well as remote service throughout North America.
We’ve been using Amazon Prime for the past few years. We like the free 2-3 day shipping and the online streaming. I haven’t tried the Kindle lending library yet. I’ll try that next! Prime is normally $99/year, but you can try it for 30 day for free by clicking on this link: Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial (Yes, we’ll get a small commission if you check it out.)