If it’s time for you to upgrade your SmartPhone, you might be wondering which one is best. There’s no secret that I’ve only used iPhones, starting with the very first iPhone all the way to my most recent upgrade to the 6S. I love the look and feel of them, and the way it integrates seamlessly with my music collection. (Yes, I buy CD’s. If it’s a local musician, I buy directly from them. Paying musicians for the music you listen to is the topic of a whole ‘nother discussion!)
But I know that the iPhone isn’t the only one out there. My brother, for instance, will probably never switch from his beloved Android. Some of the things you should look at when getting a new phone are:
- Battery Life – How long will it last on a charge?
- Price – How much do you want to spend?
- Apps – Are the apps that you require available?
- Size – How big is it? Do you want a smaller phone or a phablet?
- Compatibility – Which phone do other family members have? Is it important to share cords and other peripherals?
- Camera – Do you want a good camera? Camera resolution is measured in megapixals. For example, the iPhone 5 has 8 mp, the iPhone 6S has 12 mp.
- Storage – How much storage do you want or need? If you have a large music or photo collection, you should choose the largest available.
Here are some descriptions of types of phones and reviews on what others think are the best SmartPhones and why:
Which SmartPhone do you use? What do you like or not like about it? Let us know in the comments below!
Information about Geek For Hire, Inc.
Chris Eddy of Geek For Hire, Inc. has been providing computer service to families and small businesses with Mac’s and PCs for the past eighteen years. Angie’s List and the BBB rate Geek For Hire very highly. You can find more on our website, or give us a call 303-618-0154. Geek For Hire, Inc. provides onsite service (Tier 3 support) to the Denver / Boulder / Front Range area as well as remote service throughout North America.
We’ve been using Amazon Prime for the past few years. We like the free and fast shipping. With Prime, we have access to online streaming too. Prime is usually $119/year, but you can get a free 30-day trial by clicking on this link: Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.